The Academic Committee of the British Neuropathological Society is responsible for developing the academic agenda of the Society and ensuring that the interests of basic neuroscience are well represented
- Responsible for administration of the Bursaries and Grants according to the specified regulations decided by the Strategy & Finance Committee and with the oversight of the Hon Treasurer.
- Responsible for development of resources and initiatives to support research, including interfaces with UKCRN and NIHR
- Responsible for developing and implementing an outreach programme for academic development and education in neuropathology
- Maintain links with academic and research groups outside BNS eg BNA, BNOS, ASME
- Responsible for responding to consultations to BNS and developing initiatives and resources in relation to research
- To develop a schedule of activities to support academic trainees in neuropathology and related neurosciences
- To work with the Education and Meetings Committee in developing Scientific Programmes for BNS meetings, especially the Summer Schools.